Since we’re growing tremendously, acquiring new skills, recruiting new drinkers and building on our great team at London based global office. This role will have responsibility for two companies – Italicus Ltd and Italspirits Ltd and report directly to the brand founder and company director
This role will have responsibility for two companies – Italicus Ltd and ItalSpirits Ltd
ITALICUS Ltd: ITALICUS® Rosolio di Bergamotto was created by the authority in Italian spirits, Giuseppe Gallo to bring back the forgotten Rosolio category. Launched on the 1st of September 2016, ITALICUS has won some of the world’s most important on-trade awards (San Francisco 2017, IWSC 2017, Tales of The Cocktails 2017, Harpers 2017, Mixology Bar Awards 2018, to name but a few) and is distributed in 25 countries around the world.
ITALSPIRITS Ltd: is a Marketing, Events, and Brand Activation agency, specialising in providing fresh and sophisticated drinks experiences across Europe and USA. Italspirits offers a combination of beverage programmes, brand experiences and events management working with internationally renowned Italian drinks brands.
The key to succeeding in this role is having an effective relationship with the Finance Director and Founder and being able to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in across a wide range of topics.
The role will be based in West London, with opportunity for flexible working or working from home from time to time depending on business activities.
- Support the Finance Director in managing business performance and cash flow, being involved in making choices on future investments
- Take an active role in managing the budget and long term planning processes
- First point of contact with third party accountants for payroll, monthly bookkeeping, VAT returns and annual accounts
- Produce monthly business reporting, providing challenge, analysis and insight
- Manage the Team Coordinator in raising quotes and invoices for customers
- Take ownership for the expenses process for the team
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager on the quarterly commercial business review process
- Preparation of presentations – including budget, monthly reporting, board and investor presentations
- Support in the build out of best practice finance processes and controls as the business grows
- First point of contact for the demand forecasting process with the international distributor network
- Manage raw materials orders and co-ordinate finished product production planning in conjunction with the Finance Director and Founder
- Manage the logistics flow of orders and ensure timely cash collection from distributors
- Oversee the Team Coordinator in arranging collections from the distillery
- Support financial appraisal of new business development with potential distributors around the world
- Support the Finance Director and Founder to manager HR processes for the business
- Support on simple legal matters for the companies and liaise with external lawyers when necessary
- Other ad hoc work or projects as required
- ACA / CIMA or equivalent accounting qualification
- Finance and Operations experience in a start up is preferable
- Mental strength to work in a fluid and dynamic environment, ability to adapt and pick things up as required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel with the ability to interpret and manipulate data
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Experience in the consumer goods space would be ideal, spirits would be even better
- Having the knowledge/experience of best practice but equally the pragmatism to know what can work in a start up environment.
How to apply:
Please send your CV to email@example.com with the subject title ‘Finance and Operations Manager ’ and a cover letter, no longer than one page, explaining a little about your relevant experience and why you would be a good fit for this role and our companies.
Closing date for applications: May 2019
We are looking for an immediate start!
Salute and thank you
FOUNDER & DIRECTOR